Purchasing Policy For Ginido E commerce.
Africa’s number one e-commerce and shopping platform.
(1) Ginido owns and operates a platform in Nigeria that allows merchants to sell their products
to the public over the internet. This platform is currently provided on the website
www.ginido.com but may be provided on different websites or applications in the future.
(2) The merchant will have the opportunity to sell their products on the Ginido platform. Ginido is
entitled to accept purchases on behalf of the seller. The service provided by Ginido is limited to
referring customers to the merchant and accepting orders and payments on their behalf. In
addition to this at Ginido’s discretion they may provide the merchant with analytics about the
performance of the merchants’s products and additional marketing support. This support may be
reflective of the agreed level of commission.
(3) The merchant authorises Ginido to accept binding orders from customers on their behalf.
(4) Ginido may carry out changes to the website or service, or suspend the service without
2 Ginido’s rights and obligations
(1) The merchant acknowledges that the relationship between customers and Ginido is
(2) Ginidi will present on the website the products listed by the seller. The merchant will be
responsible for listing their own products.
(3) Ginido is authorised to accept binding sales on behalf of the merchant and will be careful to
pass order data on to the merchant as well as technology allows.
(4) In order to maintain its reputation for quality and high standard of service, Ginido reserves
the right to terminate the relationship with the merchant if the merchant repeatedly receives bad
reviews or complaints, or fails to comply with our recommendations.
3 Merchant’s rights and obligations
(1) The merchant is obliged to provide all the information necessary when listing a product on
ginigo.com. This should include but is not limited to, a detailed title and sub-title, price, quantity,
picture and description. The merchant must never knowingly deceive a potential customer by
misrepresenting their product/s. The merchant must notify Jumia of any changes to the details
of their listings while uploaded on the site.
(2) The merchant guarantees that information listed on Ginido relating to his products satisfies
all legal requirements, and in particular satisfies information requirements for consumer
(3) The merchant will be responsible for keeping an up-to-date inventory of all their products
listed on Ginido.
(4) The merchant guarantees that the information provided by him does not violate any third
(5) The merchant will contact the customers no more than is necessary for processing the
transactions referred by Ginido. In particular, the merchant will not send any advertising email or
other commercial advertisements to the customer without prior agreement from Ginido or the
expressed wish of the customer. When delivering products sold via Ginido, the merchant will not
advertise any of Ginido’s competitors.
(6) The merchant will process orders and arrange delivery with all reasonable care the moment
receipt of confirmation of sale is received through the Ginido site via email and/or text message.
The delivery options and time indicated on their listing is binding, orders should be fulfilled within
a maximum of 2 working days. The merchant is required to keep his advertised products and
services available to the best of his ability. Repeated stock-outs will result in the removal of the
merchant and all their products from the Ginido platform.
(7) If the merchant cannot fulfill an order submitted to him, he must notify Ginido as soon as
possible, and within 1 day of receiving the order at the latest.
(8) The merchant agrees to adhere to his range of products and prices as provided to Ginido
and as described on their listing on the website. The merchant guarantees that there are no
ongoing criminal, bankruptcy or tax proceedings or other penalties outstanding in relation to the
products they are selling through the platform. The merchant further guarantees to take great
care to keep up-to- date his range of products, stock count, prices and associated terms and
conditions, like delivery fees.
(9) The merchant representative is to provide Ginido with a copy of his/her valid Identity Card at
the contract signature.
(1) The merchant agrees to pay Ginido a fixed amount of N250( Two hundred and fifty naira)
commission per unit of product listed on Ginido platform. Depending on the category it may be
appropriate to agree different commission percentages for certain items or product categories.
(2) Ginido.com will charge a one off fee of N1000 naira for registration and listing as a merchant
on the Ginido platform. In the event of the introduction of further fees, the merchant will be
notified prior to their commencement in writing and they will have the option to opt out.
(3) Ginido reserves the right to adjust the percentage commission, providing suitable notice is
served in advance to the merchant. Ginido will give the merchant adequate notice of any
commission changes, in writing. This does not cover adjustments that constitute a material
change of the contract terms, which would require an additional agreement on the change.
5 Customer online payment
(1) In case of electronic payment by the customer (e.g. by credit card, debit card, or Wireless
online Transfer), Ginido collects the payment for the relevant order in Ginido’s name on behalf
of the merchant, and pays it out to the merchant according to the invoicing agreement.
(2) The merchant will keep receipts of deliveries to customers for at least 13 months and make
those available on request. In case of problems that may cause the order to be rescinded, or in
case of a delivery failure, the merchant must immediately notify Ginido by phone so that the
credit card payment may be cancelled.
(3) The merchant receives payment within 7-10 working days after order fulfilment.
6 Invoicing and merchant payment
(1) Ginido invoices may be delivered by email, online, fax, post or in person. They include
Ginido’s’s claims on the merchant, commission, and other applicable fees
(2) Ginido is to send a monthly statement of confirmed orders to the Supplier by the 10th of
each month after which the supplier will have 5 days for verification and commission settlement.
(3) Ginido takes it commission from source per unit of items If there are disputes/clarifications
needed it should be conveyed to Ginido in writing within 5 days.
(4) In case the supplier receives the payment of sold products/services on Ginido.com directly,
supplier is bound to pay the agreed commission to Ginido in 5 days of receiving statement each
(5) Payments would be made by bank transfer or cross cheque payable to Ginido.
(1) The merchant indemnifies Ginido from all claims arising in relation to matters outside
Ginido’s’s control, including but not limited to the quality of goods and services provided by the
seller. The merchant further indemnifies Ginido from third parties’ claims resulting from any
violation of laws and regulations by the seller.
(2) Ginido cannot guarantee that its service will be free from all malfunctions, but will exercise all
reasonable care and skill to resolve any such case.
(3) VAT liability rests with the merchant and Ginido will not be responsible for any VAT issues.
Both parties are obliged to treat confidentially the content of this agreement, as well as all other
information and data they acquire in connection with the partnership, and not use it for purposes
outside the scope of this contract or pass it on to third parties. This obligation is in force for 1
year after the termination of the contract. Both parties are obliged to follow privacy laws and
handle accordingly all data related to customers, suppliers and business partners.
(1) Ginido has the right to freely maintain the merchant’s listing and its ranking on the website.
Ginido offers customers the opportunity to give ratings and reviews of the merchant’s goods and
services on the website, and has the right but not the obligation to publish these online and
make them visible to all customers. Ginido reserves the right to delete ratings and reviews.
(2) Ginido may scan, transcribe, and publish online the merchant’s listings, logos and other
materials required. The merchant grants to Ginido a royalty- free, perpetual, unrestricted licence
to use and distribute any materials provided by him, for the purpose of advertising Ginido’s
service. In particular, this includes use in Google AdWords campaigns, domain name
registrations and other online marketing and search engine optimization measures